ADVISORY FOR ALL IEC2016 FOREIGN DELEGATES
LATEST VISA INFORMATION FROM PHILIPPINE FOREIGN AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
The Philippine Office of Consular Affairs has provided the following visa information for the guidance of all foreign delegates who will be attending the 51st International Eucharistic Congress in January 2016:
- There are 157 countries whose nationals may enter the Philippines without visa for a stay of not more than thirty (30) days provided they hold a valid passport not expiring within six (6) months from date of entry. (Annex 1 lists these countries.)
- Citizens of India require a visa, but those with valid visas to U.S., Japan, Australia, Canada, Schengen, Singapore, or UK may avail of a 14-day visa-free entry privilege (extendable to 21 days upon approval by the Bureau of Immigration.
- Taiwan nationals can use the Electronic Travel Authorization System launched on July 1, 2015 by the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO) to secure a temporary visitor’s visa, accessible through http://www.meco.org.tw/ .
- Nationals of all other countries may secure visas through the Philippine Embassy (PE) or Philippine Consulate General (PGC) in their respective countries or by mail through the nearest Philippine Foreign Service Post. (Listing of these countries and the nearest diplomatic post are in Annex 2.)
- Foreign visitors do not need to enter through Manila before proceeding to Cebu. International flights direct to Cebu are available.
- For assistance, do not hesitate to contact the Visa Division of the Office of Consular Affairs through telefax +63-2-8367763 (Monday-Friday from 8am – 5pm local time) or via email at [email protected].
- Details and a complete listing on Philippine embassies and consulates abroad are available at http://dfa.gov.ph/about-us/phl/embassies-and-consulates.
We look forward to seeing you in Cebu for IEC2016!